Friday, August 24, 2007

Lamb Skewers

This is something I made a couple of months ago...I ventured to the local Whole Foods, where I shoved past the organic hippy-nazis, vegans (homosexuals), in search of some decent lamb. Why lamb? I was in the mood for it. Why Whole Foods? Because I can't find anything except for chops and whole boneless legs at the normal supermarkets.

As luck would have it, they had some very attractive grass-fed lamb skewers. I figured I'd go Greek(ish) with it, so made marinade of:

The juice and zest of 1 lemon
A good-sized bunch of fresh oregano (approx. 1/2 cup)
A fuck-ton of garlic (if I remember, it was about 10 cloves, ran through a garlic press)
Enough olive oil to cover

I removed the meat from the skewers, and toss them into my vacuum marinade gadget. You pump out the air, and supposedly it opens up the pores of the meat and allows more of the marinade to get in there. While they were marinading, I soaked the skewers in water.


Whole Foods didn't have any good pita (what do I have to do to find a good pocket-less pita in SE Mass?), so I decided to employ the goodness that is Naan. I also picked up a couple of marinaded artichoke hearts.

Put the meat back on the skewers, and threw everything on the grill...I like my lamb medium rare, so it only took about 90 seconds per side.


The finished product...

No comments: